WICHTIG: Der Betrieb von goMatlab.de wird privat finanziert fortgesetzt. - Mehr Infos...

Mein MATLAB Forum - goMatlab.de

Mein MATLAB Forum

Gast > Registrieren       Autologin?   

Partner:

Forum
      Option
[Erweitert]
  • Diese Seite per Mail weiterempfehlen

Gehe zu:  
Neues Thema eröffnen Neue Antwort erstellen

Help with raising imaginary numbers to the power of a number

JohnnyyB

Gast

Version: ---
     Beitrag Verfasst am: 02.01.2016, 13:22     Titel: Help with raising imaginary numbers to the power of a number
  Antworten mit Zitat      
f anyone could help, I would be so so so unbelievably thankful - so thank you for everyone reading it - you are great!

So here is the deal; I define a Gauß Sum with

G(p,q)=\sum\limits_{m=1}^{q-1}\zeta_p^j*\zeta_q^m

Here  \zeta_q=exp^{\frac{2 \pi i}  {q} } and  \zeta_p=exp^{\frac{2 \pi i}  {p} } and j that way, so that g^j \equiv m \pmod{q} and p \mid q-1 (g is a already setted primitive root of q)

Now all Gauß Sums can be expressed uniquely as sums \sum\limits_{j=0}^{p-2}\sum\limits_{k=0}^{q-2}a_{j,k}\zeta_p^j \zeta_q^k

Now two elements G(p,q), \overline{G}(p,q) of those ring are said to be congruent to each other modulo n if all a_{j,k} \equiv \overline {a}_{j,k} \pmod{n}...

Now my problem is to solve a problem like: Find the first positive integer u, so that:

G(p,q)^u \equiv \zeta_p^j \pmod{n} for some integer j;

Also I try to implement this in Matlab;
So even if I manage to save the a_{j,k} in the right way, when I raise it to the power of u and u ] 1. Then I am truly unable how those a_{j,k} develop like e.g. how the a_{j,k} from G(p,q) would develop if I calculate G(p,q)^2. This is obviously still a part of the ring, so there must be integers a_{j,k} also for this element but I have no idea how to get them when I really try to implement it
Anyone an idea for me? Smile

Jan S

Version: 2009a, 2016b
     Beitrag Verfasst am: 02.01.2016, 15:14     Titel: Re: Help with raising imaginary numbers to the power of a nu
  Antworten mit Zitat      
Dear JohnnyyB,

I assume, that your question is far away from conering the Matlab implementation, but it sounds like the first steps are to obtain a mathematical method to find the solutions. Only if you have such a strategy, the implementation as code is possible.

Zitat:
Then I am truly unable how those a_{j,k} develop like e.g. how the a_{j,k} from G(p,q) would develop if I calculate G(p,q)^2.

I'm convinced that readers in this forum who are not working in exactly the same field of science as you, cannot reconsider, what you are talking of.

If you have tried to implement this partially in Matlab, and have a question concerning Matlab, please post the code.

Therefore I move this question to the Off-Topic category.

Kind regards, Jan
Private Nachricht senden Benutzer-Profile anzeigen
Verschoben: 02.01.2016, 15:14 Uhr von Jan S
Von Programmierung nach Off Topic

Neues Thema eröffnen Neue Antwort erstellen

Einstellungen und Berechtigungen

Du kannst Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Impressum  | Nutzungsbedingungen  | Datenschutz | FAQ | goMatlab RSS Button RSS

Hosted by:

Copyright © 2007 - 2024 goMatlab.de | Dies ist keine offizielle Website der Firma The Mathworks

MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Handle Graphics, Real-Time Workshop, SimBiology, SimHydraulics, SimEvents, and xPC TargetBox are registered trademarks and The MathWorks, the L-shaped membrane logo, and Embedded MATLAB are trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc.